Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mt. Marshall

Yes, I'm still alive - just busy, and neglectful of trip reports. Life has finally started to settle down to normal, and I'm playing catch-up before my winter hiking begins! I hiked Mt. Marshall way back in July so it's about time I do my trip report! Unfortunately, my body was in the High Peaks and my mind was at home where I left my husband to stay with my mom just a day after she was released from the hospital with heart trouble. Sitting down several months later, I don't recall much about that trip other than wanting to hurry up and back down to an area of cell phone reception.



There was such a big turnout for the hike that we were required to break into a faster group and a slower group and maintain a miles distance between us. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. I was in the first group and we started about fifteen minutes ahead of the second group, maintaining spotty contact with radios. We had a fun, chatty group and a quick pace.



I love this picture of Colden from the Flowed Lands. I hear now that there was a lot of blow-down and erosion in this area since Irene. We stopped a few times to pull out the map and some guides once we turned off the marked trail on to the unmarked portion of the hike.





There were views near the summit, where we enjoyed lunch and cookies. I regrettably was "that girl" pulling out her cell phone to use the one bar of reception to call home to check on Mom, who was doing well. I felt better knowing that she was okay, but still wanted to rush back down to the car. I think we made it to the car around 5pm. This would be the last of my hiking for a while, within a couple weeks my mom had heart surgery, we got an offer on our house, we sold the house, bought a new one, and moved! It really was a great hike, I wish I remembered and appreciated it more. Maybe I'll just have to do it again in the winter!




All my pictures from this trip can be found here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. Angel Number 0440

Anonymous said...

It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Ricoma R550 Printer Reviews

Anonymous said...

This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. SWERTRES HEARING TODAY

Anonymous said...

Check the winning numbers against your tickets to see if you're a French Lotto winner! visit:Uk49s Predictions Today Lunchtime & Teatime

indusvalleymukteshwar said...


1 BHK, 2 BHK Residential Property in Haridwar for Sale near Har ki Paurion Main Rishikesh Highway amidst the
scenic beauty of residential projects in Haridwar near Ganga . Ready to move flats for sale in Haridwar are
available with a bank loan facility

Selena Johsons said...

Thanks for sharing amazing blog! If you student and searching for free empirical probability calculator then, you must visit BookMyEssay.

App Developers in Bangalore said...

Thank you very nice sharing.