Saturday, March 29, 2008

March Project of the Month



The project for March in my BeadStyle Project a Month Calendar was the Aquamarine and Pearl Bracelet and Earrings, a project by Paulette Biedenbender. As usual, I waited until the end of the month to look for materials, and almost ran out of time. I was shopping the other day and I came across some white glass beads with a pink floral pattern.


These beads reminded me of the Franciscan Desert Rose Dinnerware pattern that I've seen in antique stores. This pattern originated in 1941, and is the most recognized Franciscan pattern followed by the 1940 Apple pattern set which I inherited from my grandmother.




I already had flat oval pink beads which a friend of mine gave to me when she heard of my interest in beading and jewelry making, and they match the shade of pink in white floral beads perfectly. I was ready to go!

Basically following the pattern provided by my calendar, I added in my own little tweaks. I mixed in some sterling silver beads and a sterling silver hook clasp. The bracelet is 8.25" (21 cm) from end to end including the clasp. It is slightly less than an inch wide, and in my opinion, has an antique look to it despite the fact it's made with all modern materials.



To purchase, follow this link, or contact me if you'd like a custom order in a different size.

3 comments:

Blaze said...

That's so funny, because I've seen those dinnerware at antique stores too!! :) I almost got one!

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just ran across your blog and wanted to tell you that I love how you took my design and made it your own! Lovely way of working in the dinnerware colors into the bracelet. I love when beaders take the initiative and use their own beads to create something totally different, even though the pattern is the same!
Paulette Biedenbender

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Thanks for liking it and letting me know :)