Monday, March 30, 2009

Butterflies

I've added three new pieces recently to my shop as part of a butterfly theme. As a nature girl I like to incorporate nature into my jewelry, or at least into their titles.

Metamorphosis is a memory wire choker I made with beads symbolizing all the stages in the metamorphosis of a butterfly. Look carefully to see if you can figure them out!


This necklace I had difficulty naming and turned to the Etsy community for help. ACelticgirl2 suggested Sunsets Flight because the colors remind her of those in a sunset, saying, "Reminds me of when the sun is setting and there are yellows and deep pinks to purples." Click on her name to visit her shop.


Rainbows and Butterflies is a double stranded choker necklace with glass beads and fresh water pearls. The pendant is wire wrapped and hangs at an angle from the tip of one wing. Life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, but there's no reason that your jewelry can't be!

3 comments:

storybeader said...

those are really cute. And the name that you got from ACelticgirl2 is great!

Erika said...

Great name from acelticgirl!

I have always had a fascination with butterflies; there is something sort of mystical about their metamorphisis and their beauty.

Norwegian said...

Beautiful stuff and great names.