Saturday, August 22, 2009

Classy Trash

I'm always trying out new ideas in my Etsy shop, my most recent one being handmade pendants with beer bottle caps and decoupage technique. I thought about making jewelry from recycled parts last Halloween while making a beer and soda can pop-top necklace for my costume (I was a Joe in a Joe the Plumber/Joe Six Pack costume pair).


I have made a few pendants so far find myself wanting to wear them myself instead of selling them! I have listed three in my shop so far and I'm collecting my caps (and my friends') to make more.

I have two Hawaiian themed summery pendants and a poker themed pendant so far. I have decided to try to make the picture in the pendant fit the theme of the beer. For instance, I have two Hawaiian beer caps from beer produced by the Kona Brewing Company that feature Hawaiian fruit and flowers. I decided on a poker theme with the MichUltra since that's the beer of choice for a world renound poker player.




Some are made with Aanraku style bails, but on some I tried to preserve the appearance of the back of the pendant and made my own bail so that the wearer could see what beer their particular cap came from.


No comments: