Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shameless Self Promotion, Or Selfishness?

Nothing is better than free advertising. Of course, hardly anything in life comes at you for free.

My best form of advertising is wearing the stuff that I keep for myself. That way, when someone says, "I like your necklace," I can respond, "Really? I made it" as I shove a business card in their face. I keep my duds, or I give them away, but I never really make something specifically for myself.

I work in a hospital laboratory, and I can wear anything I want except jammies, sweats, or jeans. I wear scrubs 99% of the time, as I hate everything about waking up in the morning, including getting dressed, and scrubs are the easiest thing in the world. However, if I have big plans after work I'll wear real clothes. For me, that's when I get most of my advertising in. I don't tend to wear jewelry with my scrubs because, it just doesn't look right.


I've had this metal pendant around for so long, I don't even remember where I got it. I got a good deal on some black and white bone beads and decided its about time I treat myself to a custom made for me piece. I'm just waiting for an excuse to wear clothes to work so I can sport it around. It's about the cheapest form of advertising, and I'll certainly get personal use out of it too!

No comments: